We believe the Bible to be the complete Word of God. 2 Timothy 3:16
- The 66 books of the Old and New Testament were authored by God.
- Scripture is totally reliable, completely true, and without any mixture of error for its content. Psalm 19:7-9; 2 Peter 1:20-21
- Jesus is the focus of Scripture. The Holy Spirit is the source of Scripture.
- The Bible is the final authority in all matters of life, faith, and conduct.
We believe in one God, Creator of all, holy, sovereign, eternal, existing in three equal persons - the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. He is the first person in the Trinity.
- He created the world, the human race, the church, the institution of marriage, and the family. He is the author of both Scripture and salvation.
We believe in the absolute deity of our Lord Jesus Christ. He is the second person in the Trinity.
- In His eternal existence, with the Father in pre-incarnate glory.
- In His work of creation, His virgin birth, sinless life, substitutionary death, and bodily resurrection.
- In His triumphant ascension, mediatorial ministry, and personal return.
- He purchased our salvation with His life and blood. He is Lord of both the church and of marriage. He is the focus of Scripture.
The Holy Spirit
We believe in the His absolute and essential deity, and in the person of the Holy Spirit. He is the third person in the Trinity.
- He convicts of sin, righteousness, and of judgment.
- He regenerates, indwells, seals, sanctifies, illuminates, and comforts those who believe in Jesus Christ.
- He baptizes believers at conversion into the body of Christ. He sovereignly bestows upon them spiritual gifts. He wills, guides, teaches, & counsels those yielded to Him.
- He is the source of salvation. He is the source of Scripture. He is both the leader of the church and marriage.
We believe Adam was divinely created in the image of God.
- By the sin of disobedience, he fell from that state.
- All his posterity inherited spiritual depravity and defilement.
- All men are guilty before God and condemned to physical death. Spiritual death occurs if man does not repent, confess his sin to God, seek God's forgiveness, and by faith accept God's gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ.
- If man does not have a relationship with God, he will not go to heaven.
We believe the deliverance of sin (salvation) is by the sovereign grace of God.
- Jesus Christ voluntarily suffered a propitiatory (became the object of God's wrath) death for man's sins.
- In Christ, through salvation, all people are justified, regenerated, sanctified, and receive God's future promise of glorification.
- Those whom God has effectually called shall be divinely preserved and ultimately perfected in the image of the Lord.